Skip to content

Road Traffic Accidents

Unfortunately most drivers suffer some form of road traffic or car accident during the course of their lives and if you have been unfortunate enough to have had a road traffic accident you may need to make a claim for personal injury and all financial or other losses suffered as a result of the negligence and fault of another party whether insured or uninsured.

If you have been involved in a hit and run accident, you will need to make a claim to the Motor Insurers Bureau of Ireland and there are strict rules and guidelines for doing so. Maguire McClafferty LLC, Solicitors can help you and we are experienced in dealing with all types of car and motor accident claims and whether you are a driver, pedestrian, cyclist or motorcyclist.

If your accident was caused by the fault of another person or party, you may be entitled to bring a claim for compensation.

When bringing a claim for compensation, we believe that it is best to obtain legal advice before doing so. If you do not know what you are doing, there are many traps and pitfalls which can have serious consequences for your claim. We believe that it is best to obtain the independent advice of qualified and experienced Solicitors and we at Maguire McClafferty LLC will be happy to assist you in avoiding the many obstacles and pitfalls which exist along the way.

Here are a few pointers which, if follow, will help you get your case on to a good start.

  • Get the details of the person who caused your accident and the registration number of his/her car.
  • Make sure to get the driver’s insurance company details and policy number.
  • Get the name of the Gardai along with their badge number and phone number.
  • Make sure to get the names, addresses and contact numbers of any witnesses to your accident.
  • Take a photograph or make a sketch of the scene of your accident.
  • Make sure to report your accident to the Gardai if someone has been injured or if you have doubts as to whether one of the drivers had valid insurance or acts suspiciously.
  • Your first reaction after an accident is one of shock and there may be a delay before you realise the extent of the injuries suffered by you. Make sure to visit your doctor in order to obtain timely medical advice and assistance.

If you have had a road traffic accident and would like some advice, please contact us at the telephone number below or alternatively by email. We will discuss your case with you and advise you as to the best course of action.